GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 00:51:45 EDT
We don't need to sit around and wait for Yaya to step down.  The idiot is
unreasonable, and the only way to get him out is to force him out.  He is by
no means going to step down.  What an insult for him to think he can show up
at a hospital, hand out a few provisions and make all the pain disappear.

From what Mr Jatta and the other former army guy( sorry I forgot your name, I
still respect you though for speaking out) said, about a lot of the millitary
guys not liking what Yaya is doing.  It is possible to get the fool out of
there by force after all. If he is not taken down, this could happen all over
again.  If he is not man enough to take responsiblity for his govt,  I don't
see how he can come up with ways to assure Gambians/nonGambians that
something like this is not going to happen again.

As I was telling Sigga today,  any one of us could have been in the same
situations these students were in.  I for one would have been in the middle
of the demonstrations, and would end up in jail, at the hospital or even
dead. That scares the daylights out of me.  Gambia is a small country and
such brutality should not be tolerated.  Get the idiot out , so we could
start rebuilding our beloved country.  I hope next time he shows up with his
provisions, someone tells him right where to put them.

si jama
Sailey