GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Hamjatta Kanteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 02:33:37 EDT
In a message dated 27/06/00 06:34:12 GMT Daylight Time, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< There are
 other alternatives to this strategy!! >>

    Brilliant Yusupha! When you next come online, perhaps you will be
courteous in exploring the "other alternatives" there is "to this strategy"
that those of you in the pacifism at all cost camp.
    Like most of you putting KB in a spot of bother, I'm a pacifist. Here's
the difference: I haven't closed my options to just diplomatic
avenues/pressures and I believe KB is a patriot and not some cyber rattling
pigeon heart who faced with the real thing will turn out to be a "Leffe
leffe" as the affable Buharry unkindly suggested and mocked KB and a host of
others. The carrot and stick option works best. Intolerance understands only
intolerance. If Yaya wants to play it the way of intolerant people, well now
he is beginning to see how far people will for their liberties. The fact that
students didn't chicken out and stood their ground when faced with machine
gun bullies, has sent the message into his thickhead that bullying has its
limits. By ambushing the UDP and getting their butts kicked by a self
defensive UDP, the APRC thugs and their masters are learning something new;
that a tit for a tat will always ensue if they ever attack the basic rights
of citizens of the Gambia. This strategy has shown signs of fruition cos Baba
Jobe and his bullies have so far retreated. If the UDP keeps surrendering to
this bullies each time they are attacked, bullies as they always will be,
they will continually harass these self defensive people who have no state
machinery to stand up for them. I repeat and echo others that the UDP and
else on the ground should defend themselves at all cost if they are attacked
since the police, army and our tax maintained security apparatus have taken
sides in the struggle. In such a case, it is left to individuals and groups
that have common interest in surviving, to fend off for themselves. This is a
right. A sacrosanct natural right. A right embedded in nature and
inalienable. This is the simple truth. For lack of time, I will not go into
it's philosophical and historical case and roots.
     By his YAYA MUST GO BY ALL MEANS NECESSARY, Dampha means by it that we
shouldn't close any option [violent change included] as out of the question.
He is prudent enough to realise that sanctions hardly work and if ever they
did, it always a case where the threat of violence meeting violence that
makes oppressors yield to pressures that combine from such. He goes on every
day stating this with the courtesy of a real gentleman and a humoured
raconteur. He is not dictatorial as Buharry suggested at least as far as his
writing is concerned. He is ever willing to dialogue with others who differ
with his propositions. His intellectual profundity on the issues at hand is
always intriguing and dazzling to say the least. He is not a doctrinairian
rather a practical and soberly reflective person. Please KB continue with the
work. You haven't won me over completely yet but our options are always open.
And if ever there comes the election and a preponderance of evidence exist
that they were rigged, then some of his will endorse you and your patriots to
kick out the jackass stymieing the progress of our nation.
    Maybe for "puffing" [to mimic Yusupha] out all these "hot air", Buharry
might just say I'm just another "leffe leffe" who has access to a PC. Well.
Hamjatta Kanteh

hkanteh