GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bamba Laye <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 15:13:16 -0600
"Golo watchal gainde Yeg" ........Sopi!
Congratulations to Senegal and Africa in general!
Senegal has once again shown the whole world that democracy can indeed
survive in our neck of the woods. She can now boast of two major landmarks
in the area of democracy: the humble stepping down of a ruling president
(senghor's resignation) and now VOTING OUT an incumbent president.
Congratulations Senegal. You've done it again. Your cousins are watching.
Democracy can survive!

Abdoulie A. Jallow
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter".
 - Dr. M. L. King Jr.