GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Momodou Camara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 22:27:46 +0200
Greetings Gambia-l,
This mail below explains the problems we are facing with the list at the
moment.

Regards,
Momodou Camara

This posting is on the ADMIN topic, please be careful with replies.

>Hi Kary:
>
>The St. Johns Listserver, or the IHCMD-L1 and HCMD lists seems exceedingly
>slow the last few days. I wonder, would there be major systems maintenance
>underway.
>

>- Axel Dorscht

03/31/2000 12:23 EST (GMT -5)

No.  Some portion of SJU's network, local to Maelstrom, is rotting away.

If you start with last weeks stats and move forward, there's a weak case
to be made that barnecles started building up somewhere over the weekend.
By Tuesday night something was obviously degrading and, by Wednesday,
response was becoming noticibly bad, which is when I started mentioning
a possible problem to various network types.  Thursday morning started
off bad and went down-hill with acknowlegment from the network types that
yes, there's a problem, but no clear indication exactly what the problem
was.  Right now Maelstrom has been disconnected and the network folks
are still trying to locate the problem (which is still visible with
Maelstrom physically disconnected).