GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lamin Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2006 19:33:39 +0100
Mr Sidibeh:

  What got into SM?

  I bet we are dealing with another fabrication, assuming of course the gist of Mr Mbai's story on the Dibba angle is accurate.

  As you are aware, the impeachment procedure is a constitutional coup, and therefore depends wholly on a governmental system grounded in the rule of law with its concommittant instrument of checks and balances

  To tread on the impeachment territory in our current political reality is at best suicidal. I don't think Mr Dibba has any suicidal inclination.

  That said, it is my contention he deserves his plight, and more.

  LJDarbo

Momodou S Sidibeh <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Mr. Mbai,

Many many thanks for feeding us with news in these very troubled times in
Gambia.
You wrote:
"..Sources hinted that speaker Dibba was arrested at 2pm on Thursday for
allegedly working with MPS for possible impeachement of President Jammeh.."
Well, since when did it become a crime to try to impeach a persident?

As sensational as this sounds, it ought to have been a tactic used by the
Opposition long ago. Even if they should fail in their bid to impeach
Jammeh, it would have signaled an important challenge to an unmitigated
tyrant. Standing up to a bully is the first law of resistance!

Cheers,
sidibeh

P.S
I must admit though, that I cannot stop wondering about old Mr. Dibba's
new-found source of courage. What has inspired him to initiate such a
high-risk covert operation, if indeed it turns out to be true? Chei Gambia!!
modou

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい