GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 2004 10:12:17 EST
Brother Pierre,

You make it sound like the purpose for the existance of Gambia-L is as a
staging ground for prople fired by Jammeh and that the majority of the members are
ex-APRC workers/affiliates. Nothing is farther from the truth and I think you
better qualify this statement and give us a list of the ex-APRC associates
who are members of the L for a better perspective.
Perhaps you can also give us a perspective as to why you think Tombong Saidy
is any different from any of the other fired APRC associates. Other than the
fact that he did not come to the L attacking the APRC regime after he was
fired, he has displayed the same bizarre loyalty to the regime. My theory is that
most of them maintain this loyalty after being fired purely for the sake of
survival aided by a bit of blackmail because afterall, they are dealing with a
tyrant regime that does not hesitate to destroy anyone who does not tote the
line.
The L is an open forum for all Gambians to express themselves and if some of
them happen to be es-aprc associates who employ different methods of dealign
with their sacking by the Regime, that si far from being sufficient evidence
for you to now give the impression that the L is composed of the majority of
these people and that this si the purpose for the list. However did you come up
with such a distorted statement?

Jabou Joh