GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 12 May 2008 21:59:12 -0400
What do the
Numbers on Your Fruits and Vegetables Mean?

By Mark Schauss | May 7, 2008

Yesterday, before I started juicing some veggies and fruits, I became a bit
annoyed at those little stickers on the fruits. I noticed the numbers and
wondered what they meant. Turns out there is a lot of information in those
numbers. Here is a brief description of the numbers:

Conventionally grown fruits have four digits and do not start with a 9. Most
start with a 4. These can and usually are grown using pesticides and non-organic
fertilizers.

Organically grown have five digits and start with a 9.

Genetically modified fruits start with the number 8.

Next time you go to the supermarket, get out the magnifying glass and check
out your fruits numbers and make the choices that you feel most comfortable
with. I will be looking for the number 9 and staying far away from the ones
starting with the number 8.

www.toxicworldbook.com

?

?