GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Essau Gambia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2007 08:08:32 -0400
By Our Banjul Bureau Chief Landing Badjie.
Paid for and Commissioned by the Freedom
Newspaper.

The relationship between the Gambian leader and the country's minister of
state for religious affairs is reported to have assumed a negative
proportion. If President Jammeh's recent action to strip Sheikh Omar Faye of
the responsibility of leading the Muslim prayers whenever he and others meet
Jammeh is anything to go by, then the relations between the two are indeed
at low ebb.

As usual, Sheikh Omar Faye would lead the audience in prayers anytime he and
others meet Jammeh but the refusal by State House to allow  SoS Faye lead
the prayers when he and the Gambia U-20 team met the president lately speaks
volumes about the deteorating relations between the two. The president is
reportedly disappointed in his religious affairs minister because the
minister was accused of wife-snatching but the minister had always
maintained his 'innocence' that he did not snatch Ndey Njie from her former
husband, Omar Adams.

Faye lately told a magistrate's court in Banjul that he was not aware of any
conjugal bond between Ndey and Omar, hence his decision to marry her. He
explained, at length, that he would not put asunder what Allah put together.
But SoS Faye's explanation could not convince many that he was as innocent
as he attempted to be.

"Gambia is a small country where we all literally know each other. We are
not fools and if Sheikh Omar want fools to play with, we refuse to be his
fools. He snatched my wife and that's it. He knows what he was doing but I
rest my case for now," Omar Adams protested shortly after Sheikh Omar Faye
gave his side of the story to the court presided over by magistrate Baka
Camara.

Posted on Monday, June 25, 2007 (Archive on Saturday, July 07, 2007)
Posted by PNMBAI  Contributed by PNMBAI
Return <http://www.freedomnewspaper.com/Homepage/tabid/36/Default.aspx>

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい