GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saiks samateh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 06:45:53 PST
            MARCH 8th GREETINGS
Dear Sisters

I sent you all my salutations on the occasion of the day and wish you all the
best in your day to day struggle against all forms of oppression.It is  no
hidden fact that you are the most marginalised section of our society and your
daily struggle,as mothers,sisters,wives and women,in such a semi-feudal and
oppressive society like ours,to get every day life as much normal as possible
is without a single doubt a difficult task.I am of the opinion that it is only
through you and the victory of your struggle that we can build a society free
from all forms of oppression and economic exploitations,a society with a new
form of human relationship.I am very confident that without your liberation
this society will remain as backward as it is today.I am at the same time
calling on the Gambian president Dr Alhagi Abdul Aziz Yaya Jemus Junkung
Jammeh to use this occasion and apologise to all Gambian women,whom ,for the
past years, he consciuosly subjected to the most backward political
harassment.The struggle continues...

For Freedom

Saiks