GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Hamjatta Kanteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 01:07:36 EDT
"Jobe": << However your conviction that I want to absolve Yaya of any wrongs
done in his name of on behalf of his government is absolute rubbish. The
essence of
putting the NAMs and Security forces in the thick of things is to highlight
some inherent flaws in our system. **The president has so much power that he,
singlely, is the government, dominating everyone and everything else. This I
consider very unhealthy**. >> Emphasis mine.

Hamjatta: Good grief, "Jobe"! What the blazes are you talking about here?
Seems you are getting stupider and sillier by the second! By your  own
admission, Jammeh has **absolute powers** which you deem makes stuff that
makes up the Gambian polity "very unhealthy"! But this is precisely why
Jammeh thinks and believes he can run amok with Gambian lives and everything
within his reach, unchecked. Yet, if you believe all these stuff about
Jammeh's ineligibility as a leader [well, you admitted that he gave the
orders for the students to be  murdered, that he is an incorrigible liar  and
a dictator amongst others!], then why are you still picking the cudgel up for
him? Are you trying to say that Jammeh is all there is for Gambians? That
Gambians can't come up with a better leader? As KB quizzed ealier, can you
say why you still believe we ought to stick with Jammeh after all the
indictments we charged him with and virtually all of which you agreed to?
What is so special about Jammeh that we ought to still stick with him after
he gave the orders to murder the school children? Are you implying that
murderers are eligible to run for public office in the Gambia?

The more i read the drivel that oozes from your pen, the sillier and
cowardlier you get. Since you appeared on this List, all you seemed to be
doing is to masturbate intellectually each time you intervene or give your
take on the crucial issues by continuously making circles around issues that
bespoke of blatant hypocrisy and sophistry. Your sophistry reminds me of a
tack employed by the so-called Oxford philosophy in its hey days of the 40s,
50s, 60s and 70s; that of take-no-prisoner style of reasoning. Each time
logic pushes you in a direction which heavily indicts Jammeh, you attempt to
wriggle out of it by saying: hey, look Jammeh is but just another component
of our society and he is not be blamed for everything! Yet, you turn around
that in today's Gambia, the flow of power is not only asymmetrical but
largely revolves around the whims and caprices of the same very man whom you
wish desperately to clear of the mess he has brought to our country. And
virtually any issue of real magnitude has to actually be resolved directly by
his office or indirectly by his trusted lieutenants - who are part of his
inner coterie of evil. How can we change such general state of affairs by
sticking with the same guy whom you admit to be at centre of virtually all
the mess going on in that place? Do you see how stupid and silly this
take-no-prisoner style of reasoning - as you wilfully attempt to apply it to
Jammeh's case in order to absolve him - is portraying you? I've always said
right from the onset you got here that the best adjectives that best describe
your risible attempts at exonerating Jammeh of the mess that is the Gambia,
is not just gullibility, cowardice and or dishonesty but sophistry, hypocrisy
and a chimeric logic clogged with mendacity. Take it from me - and contrary
to received wisdom on this List - you are not a smart lettered guy but a
freaked out lettered bumpkin.

Hamjatta - Kanteh