GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mr Makaveli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 17:47:37 -0600
Comrades,
I don't what to say. I am speechless. A  writer's block perhaps. But I'm
not surprised at all by what we can accomplish through our collective
efforts. You people should be proud of yourselves. I actually lost count
after over 100 concerned citizens signed the petition to Dr Stovall. This
is indeed a step in a right direction and ought to send an awakening, even
to the most captious skeptics. 'We can't change anything by not doing
anything'..Bro Mose is right. Sister Isatou Njie, I couldn't agree more,
" The days are gone when Gambians used to sit down and say 'Yalla Bahna'. "
I mean who are we kidding? God is Good. God is The Allmightly, The Most
Merciful. We all should know that . So this 'Yalla Bahna' cliche must not
be used to acquiesce to the whims of this wicked and unscrupulous regime.
Let's call a spade a spade and a murderer a murderer. We must stop living
in fear and face the day. The only weapon these bullies have is the fear
that lies in most of us. Let's stand for our rights. Ask me what I think
about these cowards, and I'll tell that they should be stacked on a wheel-
barrow (' Push-Push ') and dumped at Mile 2's for they are the true
culprits. And yes, Ebrima, " victory is ours". Stovall is the loser here.
Everyone who signed that petition or show concern made this victory
possible. You all are the HEROES: ordinary people, doing extraordinary
things, during extraordinary times. We have shed so many tears. Now it's
time to overcome and disburden the ills of this despotic and barbaric
regime, Yahya Jammeh et al! Enough is enough. Great job everyone. Am proud
of all of you!

                                                 Mr Makaveli.

" Great Spirits Have Always Encountered Violent Opposition From Mediocre
Minds"