GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 22:03:47 EST

<< In my view, and in the view of many observers of the Gambia's political
 scene, in spite of all its imperfections, the change did mark a limited
 movement away from military dictatorship and toward a kind of "liberalised
 authoritarianism." >>
Ebrima: This was an interesting article, but the above phrase caught my
attention and I would like you to revisit the thought process behind the
phrase. Also semantics aside, are people better of with one or the other.
Secondly, could both lead to the same political doldrums, and soci-economic
backwardness.

thanks again
Musa Jeng