GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebrima Ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 11:27:53 GMT
Gambia-L:

Another e-mail from one of my sources in the Gambia.

Ebrima Ceesay

Hello Ebrima,

I got back from this funeral and thought I should send my observations to
the L, which is about the fact that I did not see, apart from Edward
Singhateh, any significant APRC militants at the burial of Tamsir Jallow's
mother.

By the way, if Sheihk Tejan Nyang has not already done so, I wish to inform
members of the L of the death of the mother of Tamsir Jallow, Majority
Leader of the APRC in the Gambia National Assembly. She was buried
yesterday, Tuesday, 13th June. May her soul rest in perfect peace.

Ebrima, my question: why were only a few APRC members at the funeral of the
mother of their Majority Leader? Ebrima, I could only spot Edward Singhatey
and Tombong Saidy. No Yahya Jammeh, No Sedat Jobe, No Nfamara Jatta.

The absence of the APRC leadership and the rank and file of the APRC was
obvious to all of us at the funeral, including Tamsir Jallow.

Anyway, may her soul rest in eternal peace.