GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Fatoumatta Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 10:59:15 +0100
guys, if all whats on the wave about the coup is true, why are the two army officers released from custody after being implicated by the jammeh media trial. something must be going wrong somewhere.

Sanusi Owens <[log in to unmask]> wrote:  Pa Nderry

If these marabouts know a lot about the COUP, then why are they not under arrest. According to records, these so called marabouts are free from police custody.

The public confessions reminds me of the way Lt General Oladipo Diya and many others were paraded before NIGERIAN TV station on charges of treason against the ABACHA regime.

We shall only know the truth of this alleged coup when the actual court hearing commences.

Sanusi

Momodou S Sidibeh wrote:
So there was after all a coup attempt! With such public confessions jamming
the waves, the APRC government might just succeed in reinventing the
Stalinist purges of the 1920s and 30s in tired Gambia!

sidibeh