GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Gai-Baldeh, M" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 02:07:31 EST
Hi Tombong,
I agree that this is a worthy course and should have had more attention
particularly from African countries. However, I must point out that Africa,
to no fault of its own, has always dependent on outside aid to the extent we
can no longer stand on our own.

The reasons for our overly dependent on the West is clear and simple.
Politics in African is considered by politicians as a means of overnight
enrichment rather than an instrument for positive economic change and the
promotion of the general well-being of the people. The cry for government
change by way of coups and counter coups must stop in our dear continent
before we can celebrate economic salvation. Military governments in Africa
are serious setbacks to long term developments plans. A crucial example is,
Basse (my home town) get electric (power) twice every week. serious
.....Right!!!  Perhaps these are the problems we should try to handle prior
looking at problems at a continental level.

We will have to rely on people like you with government influence, to take
our country off its knees. Boy, it was nice to read from you.

Gai-Baldeh