GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebrima Ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 01:20:40 -0000
Sister Jabou:

Please feel free to send any of my writing on the Gambia to Representative
Johnny Ford. In fact, next time, do not even ask. Just go ahead and do it.
In any case, I'll also write a comprehensive letter to him by tommorow
afternoon.

If I do get his e-mail address from Saul Khan, I'll e-mail him my/our letter
directly and copy it to the L. If not, Jabou, will you please print a copy
of the one I would send to the L, and post it to Johnny Ford's home address
on behalf of the Gambian struggle?

Kebba Dampha: I have just finished reading your comments on the Budget
Speech and again, as expected, you have hit the nail on the head. My
brother, keep it up!

Hamjatta: I read your piece on the budget and I said to myself: "wow"!!
Great job, you have done! Believe me, in my book, the signs of the time are
encouraging. Sooner or later, all tyrants must wake up to the reality that
life in itself is temporary, much more a process in one's life! Surely,
their day will come. Each day in life comes with a lesson, but some people
do not just want to learn. I better reserve the preaching till tommorow for
Johnny Ford (laugh)

Anyway, I for one find consolation in the fact that young Gambians,
especially the women, are preparing themselves NOW (more than before) for
the enormous challenges that lie ahead. Yes, the signs are healthy.
Tommorow, by the grace of God, I'll put the Gambian situation in perspective
for Rep Johnny Ford.

Ebrima Ceesay