GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
joe sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 14:46:58 GMT
Saul, thanks for sharing your thoughts.  I experienced something similar to
your narrative during my recent trip to Gambia (June).  Unbeknownst to me, I
was told that some of my relatives ran to my mother, months before my
arrival, fuming about my writings on the L and how I was insulting the
president of the country etc., etc.  When asked, I told them that it is my
duty and I am honored to play that role.  One of those individuals took the
liberty to confront me in private, not knowing that I was waiting for just
that opportunity.  I was on the offensive (verbally) and instead of him
advising me, I was warning him, about going to the Court House heckling
supporters of the former PPP and other non-APRC members.  In the end, we
both agree to mind our business.  He is one fool that knows to stay away
from me.  I guess he passed the word around, for other potential snitches
stayed away but barked from the distance about what is in store for me if I
keep it up.  My message to them then and now is, don't worry about me, but
rather, worry about your fate.  For each accomplice will pay a price for
their contribution toward the decay of our nation.  The sad thing is, it's
going to be a whole lot of people.

Chi Jaama

Joe Sambou