GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
rodine renner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 2004 07:20:34 -0700
Hi Nancy,

Well said.  When I see his postings, I think Joe is in a dream world and not "chi jama".

Even the US and North Korea are talking.

Joe should also inaddition to yr questions tell us what he wants us to do (do we work for our dear nation or do we all resign, sit down and wait for 'Mr Joe know all' to become the president before we resume our duties)?

Long live all Gambians who are working hard to develop The Gambia.

Long Live The Gambia our home land.

No hard feelings Joe.

Rodine.

Folks,

it is a pity that some of us in the forum take pride in bring down
people.Whats wrong in Accepting a post.If Ams is given a chance to
straigthen out the day to day affairs of the communication ministry,why
shouldn't he accept?.Whats shameful of lossing a job as our learned bro.
Joe puts it?I can bet the last dime in my pocket that he has lost one or
two jobs.Things change and peoples' views change.Ams left a job at the
American Embassy which pays far more than what the Gambia Government
offered him.If he was lying about teaching in the second University
accordinng to his interview atleast it is true that he was a lecturer and
that is enough. He Aceepted the job cause he f
elt that he has a role to
play in changing things if given the chance.
How come you get to know the number of Afra sesions one has to attend
inorder to get a job?.Are you dieing to attend one of the sessions.? He
had atleast a PhD and some experience in journalism, is that not enough?Are
you jealous of the fact that he had the chance to attend some hence landed
himeself a job?.Or are you simply dieing of envy and jealousy,Cause i know
that if you were offered a job by the same regime you will not stop to
think but to jump into the next avalible fligth.Yaya migth have his own
problems but he did us some good as the jawara regime.How come people like
you who have been shouting that yaya never censors Baba Jobe and Lang
conteh; when he did and charged baba the thief,murderer and rebel as you
used to put in a court of law; you turn out to see him as a saint and that
what yaya did was not fair.That he betrayed the frien
dship they shared.This
has nothing to do with friendship.It is all about the good of the
nation.What kind of satisfaction do you want?.Is it Yaya,the country or who
ever sits in a position of power that you hate.?I know that if you were
given the chance you will not do half of what he has done in terms of
development.No human being is perfect.Even the most powerful man in the
world has his own share.He alone is not the government.I know that you will
take three fold as what he toke if given the chance to serve as the
president in 48 hours.Don't tell me that you are not interested because
there is nothing better than staying and serving your nation.In any
capacity it migth be.Take a two week holiday and come and see for your
self.Stop relying on your so called insider.I know he does not exist.One
does not need to be a rocket scientist so as to know that some of your
facts are mere fabricates.There migth be corruption in the c
entral bank but
the way some of you write about the country is very frigtening.Investors
would surely run away from the country if they get to read some of what is
posted in the main page.The gambia migth be facing hard times,serious
economic instability but that does not mean that we are scrambling for
food.Atleast we are better of than a host of other nations.Pray for
peace.Yaya alone is not in the country.When last have you visited the
country?Don't tell me that an insider told you cause intelligent people
don't rely on second hand information.
Yeah,Mafy migth be called 'Mr soft ware engineer' as you decided to name
him.But he went to school to earn that name.He is not another quack
engineer and by the way what title do you have?Tell me ,i am dieing to
know.They had the mind to turn a blind eye to a dolar paid job,packed their
belongings and decided to come and do some thing worthwhile for the
country.If
it was money ;they could have stayed in the US especially Mafy
and continue with his job in Delta Airways.Don't tell me that he lost his
job and that was why he left.Even if he lost his job as you migth not wait
to put it but then he could have stayed in the states.Stop criticing people
brother man.Get a life and open your eyes.
laters.

Rodine Renner

Gambia Radio & Television Services

Tel: +(220) 952333