GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kabir Njaay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2007 16:57:16 +0200
*Jammeh Cures HIV Patients*

*The Daily Observer* (Banjul)

DOCUMENT

Posted to the web 21 June 2007

*Last Sunday, June 17, 2007 was a historic day in Kanilai village, Foni
Kansala District, the birth place of President Yahya Jammeh.*

*This is because, the day witnessed the discharge by President Jammeh, a
batch of 33 cured HIV/Aids patients, who have successfully undergone the
President's treatment.*

*At the event, President Jammeh delivered a groundbreaking speech revolving
on his treatment of the pandemic at an event attended by top government
officers and the local community, among others.*

*Below we reproduce the unedited version of the President's speech:*

Honourable Secretaries of State, Secretary-General Office of the President,
Service Chiefs, CEO RVTH, Cuban Team, Permanent Secretaries, my boss, Alkalo
of Kanilai, even though am the President, but if am in Kanilai, he is my
boss as am under his jurisdiction, civil servants, Honourable members of the
National Assembly, my medical team, patients and well-wishers.

First of all, I would like to thank the Almighty Allah for a day like this.
I want to also thank Dr Malick Njie and his team for their dedication.

We come at very difficult time. I want to thank you for very dedication and
loyalty. I want to remind Gambians why I say that we started work at
difficult time and the patients who are now treated and discharged can
attest and those who watch TV, if you remember them, you know what am
talking about. The Almighty Allah knows that your first time we brought this
patients, some of them , their body conditions was very difficult to lay
hands on them. I received my calls from well-wishers. I have received
complaints from well-wishers. Out of concern for my well-being, they advised
me not to touch the patients because the way they have seen their body
conditions of the patients. I should not touch them. I should leave it to
the doctors and nurses. I told them with all due respect, that is something
I cannot do. Those doctors and nurses are human beings and they have the
same life that I have. So if I have to leave it to them to touch the
patients, because am fear of my life, then am not honest. I thought I put
their concerns to rest. Only for them to come back and say yes we know they
are human beings, they have the same life as you and they are trained to
take risk and they are not the President. They say if you die and you are
the President you destroy the country. I told them I would not live one
second beyond the time allocated to me, and I will not die a second before
the time allocated to me by Allah.

To make a long story short I made it very clear that I declared to the whole
world that I can cure AIDS and if I show any fear for any AIDS patients that
means that I cannot cure it. So, if I don't touch the patients am not
confident in my declaration that I can cure HIV/AIDS. Why would you be
afraid if you are a doctor of a disease you claimed to be able to cure.
Well, to our Cuban brothers and sisters, these are true friends of The
Gambia. Today Gambia's profile in the medical service is among the best in
the whole world. Thanks to the generosity of the Cuban government and
people. Well they may be wondering why, they don't continue on the
treatment. When we started, we started with them. Then a situation arose and
I have to let them go. The reason being, when the first CD4 counts results
were announced I realised that we have picked a huge fight globally and
since the valiant people of Cuba has always been in fight in big powers. I
don't want them to be part of another global fight. I pick up the fight on
behalf of The Gambia and humanity. I didn't want to add another burden to
the republic of Cuba, that was the only reason why I said we leave our cuban
brothers and sisters in peace, while we continue this global fight that has
been unleashed on us. So, it is not because you are not efficient it is not
that we did not trust you, the simple reason is that I don't want to put you
in a fight that is directly against Yahya Jammeh and The Gambia. The
principles of humanity dictates us that, if you have a friend who is always
in a fight and trying to help you, it's more honourable to involved him in a
new fight. That is the reason why our Cuban sisters and brothers were
relieve of their responsibility in the treatment of HIV/AIDS.

Why today? I don't claim to be God, I don't claim to be a prophet but I've
every right to claim that am a God fearing person and my love for humanity
have no limit and I do everything possible to please the Almighty Allah, and
I prayed to Allah. Am not looking for popularity, wealth, but all what I
seek is the pleasure of the Almighty Allah. We are not visitors of this
world, we are leaving today. The most important world that we all aspire of
is the Kingdom of Allah in heaven. Whatever I do in this world, I do in
pursuit of the next world.

The fight against HIV/AIDS, the treatment has expose the hypocrisy and lip
service that the western world is putting on today. Let us ask ourselves as
African and Non-Europeans, why is AIDS killing more blacks and than the rest
of humanity. Malaria kills both Black and White, Asthma attacks both black
and white in equal numbers. In fact Malaria is more devastating to the White
race than we the Blacks. But why is it that, AIDS anytime it is mentioned by
the international western press, if they give you that 20-million people are
suffering from AIDS and what is a million for the local people . When we
talk of a million, people will wondered because it does not exist in our
local languages. But thousand-thousand is a million, that is what we talking
about. When they tell your that 20million people are suffering from AIDS,
they will tell you that 19-million live in sub-saharan, that is the black
people. People don't even know what sub-saharan means. It is a discretion
that the European found when they came to Africa. Sahara is their language.
In European language sub-saharan person is somebody neither black or white.
So when say sub-saharan is somebody that is between black and not white.
That is why they qualify us as sub-saharan.

Why is that in the whole world if 20-million are suffering from AIDS,
19-million live in sub-saharan Africa which means that you and I counted
them. Now, everybody believe the statistics the western press gives about
Africa. They have shown all laboratory evidence to back their claim that in
some countries, 3 out of 4 nationals are HIV positive. The UN AIDS and WHO
accepted those figures. So, why can't the UN AIDS and WHO accepted
laboratory test that are more evident proven than what these people are
claiming because our resources is tested in a modern laboratory for that
matter. So if they are concerned about the AIDS pandemic in Africa, why can
they embrace any attempt that shows positive signs that AIDS can be taken
care of.

I Yahya Jammeh, my name is the Holy Quran. Am not claiming to be a prophet
but I can raise my hands that from the origins of man up to date am the
first President who is called Yahya Jammeh. And in the Holy Quran, it is
stated that 'Ya yahya' meaning you Yahya holds on to the Holy Quran and make
sure the truth prevails. Am not afraid of anything except the Almighty
Allah. From the date when the first results of the PCR were announced, they
called me all sorts of names. I have been the subject of negative western
press. But the greenest and the best tree in a plantation, that is a tree
which is germinated in a place where there is more fertiliser. What do I
mean by that, all the negative propaganda, all the bad names that they call
me is the fertilizer for the tree call Yahya Jammeh.

I will never waver my crusade in the fight against HIV in The Gambia and in
Africa. Yes you will be surprise to know that the WHO and the UN AIDS have
given endless problems to the laboratory that tested the blood samples and
proven that the medicine is effective. Now they want to know where we want
to go next so that they can go and talk to that country not to accept
samples from The Gambia. Why? There is a reason. Even we Gambians believe in
witchcraft. When somebody dies and it is claimed that the person may be
killed by witchcrafts, even thought those who are suspected of killing the
person cry the most. Yes, because they don't want to show that they are
responsible for the person's death.

So those who produce Aids to kill Africans (blacks) are the ones crying loud
about doing something about Aids in Africa. But their insincerity has been
shown by their brutal attacks on something that scientifically cannot be
disputed, that is the results of my treatment. If they are concerned about
HIV/Aids and they want to stop it, if they are sincere, the first thing they
should have done was to come and say let's see how we can develop it and
make it available for humanity.

Still am coming back to the question. Why today? Because I could have
discharged them a long time ago, Dr Malick Njie is here with the Cubans and
Mariatou Jallow, Dr Mbowe. I said that I can take care of it in three days
to ten days. And the first batch has proven it by testing them after ten
days, that what I said is true. I didn't discharge them to go home. I could
have discharged them after 30 days but I didn't do that's why? because, the
so-called western doctors and western press, the propaganda machinery for
the West have labelled me as dangerous and irresponsible, why? because they
said that I told those who are on ARV to stop taking ARV's and they said
that anybody on ARV if you stop taking it, you will die 3 months.

That is why I kept the spirit for 6 months. They said 3 months if you stop
the ARV you will die, I kept them 3 months and they didn't die, to prove
them that they are lying, I kept them for another 3 months, because I have
already proven them that they are telling lies. But they could have been
easily manipulated and some of them would die and they will say, look at
Yahya Jammeh's treatment. That is why I kept them for another 3 months. They
can stand up, even those under treatment, and tell me who has a headache. In
fact, Fatou Jatta and Darboe need to thank Dr Malick Njie because they used
to give him many lifting exercise. In the first week, we used to have three
sections of treatment and each time they come to treatment, they use to
carry them and put them on the bed. After one week, they stop to be carried
and they climb on the bed themselves. When they came, Darboe could not stand
for 2 minutes. She had all endless problems. And for Fatou Jatta, I have
made a pledge to her when we tested the first test, at the PCR that is the
vital load, she had a million copies and above. Among those that were
tested, 2 of them had the highest viral load. She should have despaired but
I made a pledge to her that by the grace of the Almighty Allah, you will not
die of Aids, and that you will improve to a standard that you will not
believe that you are the same Fatou Jatta.

Now, I found very difficult to recognise her. I use to call Darboe "Bambusu"
one day she looked at me while she was lying on the bed, she said, President
the names you are giving me is too many--- Jammeh laughed.

Do you people think am crazy or stupid to claim that I can cure Aids when I
know that Aids is killing Africans and the rest of mankind. If I cannot do
it, why would I attract such negative attention to myself which will hurt
me, my family and my country for the rest of humanity. I will never subject
my people, the Gambian people, Africans, to Western ridicules. I will never
do that.

Ousman Sowe, is here were they came he was on ARV. He was the 2nd to last to
come. The last person to arrive was Darboe. When Ousman came, he was on ARV
and a lecturer at the School of Public Health, and by the time he came, he
was not able to stand and lecturer and he was on ARV, stronger. But when he
came to the crazy Dr Jammeh, the man who is a lunatic, the man who is
irresponsible, dangerous and playing with human life, today he can run from
Kanilai to Kamfenda. Ask the patients, the clothes they were wearing before,
now they cannot wear that. If my medication was false, I can tell you that,
most of them would have been death by now.

Well, for the rest of the people that have not been discharged, I made it
very clear that it is my responsibility and I have explained clearly what my
medicine does to HIV/Aids . What I said, I will repeat it. I will get rid of
the Aids virus in your bodies. Those who we think the virus is finished in
their body, are those discharged. I made it clear. But if you even have 10
copies in your body, I will not let you go until these 10 copies are
eliminated from your body. You wiil be surprise that you have 2 from the 3rd
batch that has been discharge today. They stayed less than 3 months with us.
Why?.... I know we can discharge more from the third batch but we can't do
that, because, most of them, we are still testing their samples. Some of
them, the results will be out this week.

To those discharged, at least, am vindicated, that I have done what I say I
can do. But my treatment is not a guarantee against re-infection. So the
entry point of re-infection is still open, that is the responsibility of you
to close that entry point.

You are all known today in The Gambia. Internationally, all of you are known
because, all your pictures are in the internet. If somebody comes to fool
you and say let me take your blood sample, and you allow the person to
tamper with your blood system, if you are re-infected, I will not treat you.
As you sit, there is another batch of 90 patients that are waiting and you
will not come back and deprive others the chance you have enjoyed. Some of
you have partners that refuse to be tested. As a Muslim, I should not tell
you what you should do in your mind. But look at what is in your best
interest. If you want to take the risk and sleep with that partner, it is
your problem. As I said, my treatment is not a vaccination against
re-infection. And we will not follow you to see who you sleep with or who
you play with. What we will do is, on a weekly basis, you will come to be
given medications to continue with other opportunistic infection. You will
continue with that for another 3 months, after which I don't know you, you
don't know me. Be serious with your life and Allah will protect you.

I want to thank every Gambian, the patients, especially, the first batch
that is the lead for the trust.

They were subjected to all sorts of ridicules. They heard all negative
words, and accepting to appear on TV. From day one I became Head of State,
my slogan has always been "transparency, accountability and prohibity". Am
quite sure that members of the second batch will do more better than you if
they are telling the truth. Today in The Gambia, Aids is no longer the
incurable disease.

By the grace of Allah, we will continue to treat Aids, Asthma and diabetes.
No one question me on the treatment of asthma and diabetes because asthma
and diabetes are universal and are natural disease. They are not created for
any particular race. They did not question my ability to cure Aids. Why
condemning me for treating HIV/Aids. Because, the virus has been created to
kill non whites and because my medicine has the potential to make them fail
their objective of eliminating the black man, they where attacking me. The
acronyms of Aids tells you the origin of the virus. If you create a virus,
no matter how you manipulate it, there is the danger that it can run out of
control. Those who believe Aids will only kill Africans, let's wait for the
next five years and see.

It is also important to tell Gambians that we have cause to expel three
patients who violated all our rules, which was detrimental to the well-being
of the patients. One from the first group, two from the second group. In the
third group, as far as I know ,we have no cause to expel anybody, but the
rules are very clear. Violate the rules, repeat it and go home. I will not
take risk.

So for the purpose of those who are coming for treatment, you should know
that to continue the treatment, you have to obey the rules and regulations.

Also among the patients, there were 2 cases of death. Their time was up from
day one, we just know that we are managing this people. They die from the
consequences different from Aids. I also made it very clear that somebody
whose time is up, I can't do anything about it.

90 people are supposed to constitute the 4th group. I must apologise to the
families of the nurses and doctors who spend most of their time in the
treatment. I want to thank your husbands and wives for the understanding.
From now, I free you from my treatment. May Allah guide you. Discharging you
does not mean the end of my support to you but don't abuse it. Alsamadeeh!

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい