GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2007 02:54:26 EDT
Yero,

Thank you for the clarification. I read it and I was pleased. I am sorry  you
did not realize when and where I withdrew my pledge and I will refer you to
the conversations between Yourself, Lamin, and Haruna on Posten.

Be that as it may, I have always conveyed that I support your effort for  you
were doing yeoman's work. I only became disenchanted as to my Participation
because I was pledging to a Diasporan National Unity Conference. When the
opposition parties were involved, and the APRC, was when I understood the scope
and purpose of the conference was changed and since I do not believe there is
any problem in Gambia that the APRC is not a party to creating or festering,
I asked you for clarification otherwise I withdraw my pledge. When time
permits, I will share that with our coleagues here. I think you now remember the
occasion I share.

Suffice it to say that I am pleased to learn from you that and I'm sure my
coleagues are equally pleased to learn that:
1. This was not a clandestine UDP/tribal effort to propel UDP to leadership
of Gambia.
2. Haruna was not a behind-the-scenes or in front of the scenes actor in  the
shindig.

Allahumma Aqfirlee wali waalidayya. I probably give some people the
impression of omnipresence and omniscience.

God Speed Yero and UGAMA. I think you deserve high commendation for your
efforts and your associates in UGAMA. I will follow your efforts and should the
scope or purpose get close to the original intent or more valuable  intent, I
am confident I will participate actively without further any  solicitation. We
love you Yero.

Haroun MQDT Darbo Al Mutawakkil.