GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sanusi Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 23:50:28 +0000
Malanding

You wrote;

" OJ's speech was well articulated, well presented.
He tried to summarize Yahya's rule in what seems
like 90 minutes (never timed him). A formal summary
from the organizers will help fill some of the gaps."

Thats OJ for you. Notwithstanding my long time
opposition to the PPP, he was one of the few that I
admire for his  usual "delivery"

You also wrote;

" Finally he called for a united front against a
common enemy. Called for Diasporans to become active
in affairs of the Gambia. Defended their decision to
boycott 2002 elections although he conceded that
they failed to articulate reasons to the people."

This was definitely what he fought for with the
"Decree 89" politicians during the last 12 weeks
before the 2001 Presidential Elections. Unfortunately,
our one time "hero" Sherriff Mustapha Dibba was not
going to accept his former Legal adviser AMN Ousainou
Darboe to capture the post of Presidential Candidate
of the Coalition. The end result was a disaster and we
are still paying the price. Thank you SM Dibba for
betraying those who stood and challenged APRC for the
last 7 YEARS.

Again you wrote:

"My take. He is certainly a preacher with clear
knowledge of his facts and statistics. I would
definitely travel to the Gambia to watch a televised
debate between Yahya and OJ. Well, that is if he
survives the daunting task of uniting the
opposition!  "

I just can`t wait to see him officially declared as
the Leader of the PPP.  In the last 9 years, he has
demonstrated some element of bravery which deserves
commendation. He has not betrayed the Opposition by
staying away from the scene. I hope the PPP Steering
Committee will careful consider his application for
the leadership, he definitely deserves it!!!

Good night

Sanusi

http://uk.my.yahoo.com