GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 16 Nov 2005 07:34:41 -0500
On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 00:19:42 +0100, Momodou Buharry Gassama
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Hi!
>    This is a very serious and disturbing development. As the 2006
elections
>approach, the stage is being set for the creation of a state of insecurity.
>The result may be a state of emergency, the cancellation or postponement of
>the elections and the thwarting of the democratic aspirations of the
Gambian
>people. The arrest of the NADD leadership should be condemned by all
>Gambians and friends of the country. Trying to blame NADD for the problems
>between Gambia and Senegal is beyond reason. I therefore demand in the
>strongest possible manner that they be released. To the sec
urity personnel
>coming into direct contact with them, I urge you not to engage in any acts
>that violate their human and constitutional rights. To Halifa, O.J. and
>Hamat, my thoughts are with you. I pray that sanity returns to our country
>before we follow the path of our West African neighbours into the abyss.
>Thanks and have a good night.

Buharry.

This is not a good sign for The Gambia and shows that these people will use
all means to try to stay in power. The oposition coalition NADD has scared
them and they know they can't win in the coming elections in 2006.
Arresting and intimidation of oposition figures is one of the last tactics
they can do. However, at the end power belongs to the people.

I join you and everyone in condemming this recent move by the A(F)PRC
government. I demand
the unconditional release of Halifa, Hamat and O.J.

Momodou Camara

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい