GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saul khan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Mar 2000 17:04:58 GMT
Hamjatta,

Thanks for putting up these Zimbabwe articles. However, we do need to take
these opinions with a pinch of salt. The Brits have always had something
against Mugabe, and even more so nowadays because he seems to be determined
to right a terrible wrong once and for all: return to Zimbabweans what is
theirs. Mugabe is absolutely right on this land issue. Where he went astray,
is his linking of the issue to his own political power and future. Thus, he
hoisted himself to his own petard - so to speak. Nowadays, the West -not
just the Brits - are out to demonize (even portray the man as senile,) just
to maintain the status quo. I only hope the War Veterans Assoc. will follow
through with their threat to take back the land with or without the
government's help. It won't be a minute too soon! The British are out of
their mind if they think this land issue will go away by turning Mugabe into
a sort of pariah. Like Dr. Saine keeps reminding us thru his signature: No
justice, No peace!

Saul.