GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Dec 2007 14:43:47 EST

Jabou,

I may have recognized your dilemma. I think you read SHitown as Shitside.  If
that is the problem, I now declare that you did not mean to tell a lie
against your brother in Islam. It was mere oversight. I therefore rescind
associating you with Munaafiqoon for it error and omission. I look forward  eagerly to
your educating us if indeed I called the southside of Chicago another  odious
name elsewhere. If indeed this was the only occasion that wrought the
mirage, I encourage you to look up the genesis of SHitown. It is only amicable
mention. Allahuma Aqfirlee, waliwaali Dayya, wa Jamee il muslimeen, wal
muslimaat. This was a strange oversight on your part Jabou. Quite unexpected. I  am
very disappointed in that your mind will wander ever so driftingly as to  innure
disdain for your brother. Miracles always happen. We should avoid the bad
miracles and hail the good ones. I will yield again until you share with us the
colour of my shortcoming because that word you attributed to me of southside
of  chicago is one error I effort not to make in all the volumes of my
literature.  It is an expensive and onerous error. Silence on it will not advance
community  and conversations in graver matters. I therefore encourage you to be
grand like  I always knew you to be.

Haruna,

I have to confess that you lost my interest when you  delved into "Chicago
shitside" Chicago shitside?
Aren't you just a tad bit  angry for a discussion that is supposed to help
you win friends and influence  people on behalf of the candidate you profess to
support?
After reading  your last response, I had a hard time trying to discern
whether yours was a  personal anger towards Barack Obama because he was of mixed
race, attended  Harvard and was president of the Harvard Law Review, or was a
community  organizer in the South side of Chicago and failed to include all the
Ghettos  in the United States in that effort and you think all of these are
supposed to  be indictments against him or if your truly feel that the way to
promote  Edwards was to drag his opponents in the gutter?

I guarantee you that  if you ran your response by any camp of the Edwards
campaign, they would have  asked you not to post it.
I have never seen John Edwards drag his opponents  reputation or record in
the gutter because he is intelligent enough to know  that this is hardly a way
to win votes and that people are sick and tired of  this sort of senseless
tirades.
John Edwards speaks about how in his youth,  he witnessed lawyers and judges
in his native South Carolina

stand  up against racism during the civil rights era and how they risked
their lives  and had to be escorted to work by Federal Marshalls and yet, they
kept  on. He speaks of the admiration he had for these people standing up
against  racism. He would not wonder if people would vote for Obama because he is of
 mixed race.

Edwards may have sued insurance companies and won some  judgements against
them, but that has not resulted in any changes that prevent  insurance companies
finding loopholes to pay out claims. Just ask the victims  of Katrina.
And the case for which Edwards won the largest judgement was  for a family
whose child got her hair or was it a limb caught in the drainage  system of a
swimming pool.

What supporters of the various candidates  should concentrate on is to
present what their candidate can do for the people  when elected so they can
convince voters that they are the right person and  how they do t hat matters a great
deal.  Engaging in maligning the other  candidate as a strategy to win
supporters never works and tends to be  symptomatic of some personal issue the those
who engage in it may have.  Also,  when supporters engage in the latter, they
become liabilities as  opposed to being assets.
Take it easy Haruna,  rage does not draw in  people, it makes them head in
the opposite direction and it is bad for the  heart. It is the people who will
have the last word.
Now, I shall leave you  to it.
Jabou