GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
SUNTOU TOURAY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Aug 2008 11:20:34 +0100
Demba, you sound very disappointed. but don't you think in today's environment,this kind of behaviours are very much as a result the loose atmosphere created by the easy access and lax work ethics. many politicians are usually either alone with their advicer's, some of whom are females and the rest is the 'Boss and the secretary story'. in the UK also, the former deputy prime minister was having it large with his personal assistant for some time until the media found out. (there are some powerful politicians caught with rent boys and having babies with other people's wife, the guilty party is now the mayor of London).
  the issue is politicians are just like any of us. they should avoid putting themselves in compromising situations. this happens even with our Gambian politicians, our media don't just write about it but i have heard of many such incidents during campaign trial. John may have been down and the lady wanted to comfort him, one thing leads to another. brother demba, feel sorry for john right now, a woman's scorn, nothing is more hard to deal with than that. the wife most be feeling betrayed,i feel sorry for her also.

Demba Baldeh <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Mr. Darboe to be honest am very angry with John Edwards irresponsible
behavior. It is his personal business to mess around but the fact that he
took everyone for granted and think he can do this and still run for public
office is just not acceptable to decent people. So many people put their
trust on this guy and god forbid if he had become the Democratic nominee, we
would have been in a worst situation than Bush put this nation.

I think these public officials behaving like this has a lot to do with MORAL
BANKRUPTCY. They are simply morally bankrupt and have no sense allegiance to
their spouses. Imagine John Edwards doing this when his wife was battling
cancer? What about the New York Governor with his mature daughters and his
tireless work to battle such behaviors? The New Jersey govern who claimed to
be guy when his wife was standing by him and after father so many kids?

This is just something I cannot comprehend. It is their choice to mess
around but they should not take the public for granted and think that we are
all stupid to figure out what goes on behind doors with cameras every where.
I hope and pray that Obama is free from such self destructive behavior.

I predict though John MCcain's alleged relationship by the New Times a while
back will come back with full storm. Time will tell...

Thanks

Demba