GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Katim S. Touray" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 20 May 1999 00:32:06 -0500
Dear Rebekah,

I am writing to inform you that we have found a new home for Gambia-L.  I was
able to move Gambia-L to the Listserve server at St. Johns University in New
York City, and have successfully transferred all present subscribers to the
list.  For this reason, we will no longer be needing Gambia-L at your site, and
you can go ahead and delete it.  I have already sent out a mailing on Gambia-L
at St. Johns to the effect that all postings must now be sent to the St. Johns
server.

I should mention that we would be grateful if you can kindly save the Gambia-L
archives for us.  I would like to download them either to my PC or to my Web
site if you can put them in a temporary directory I can ftp them from.  Please
let me know as soon as you've made arrangments for me, and also how I can
access them for download.

I would like to take this opportunity to, on behalf of all subscribers to
Gambia-L, and indeed all those who wish The Gambia well, express our sincere
gratitude to you and the University of Washington, Seattle for hosting Gambia-L
since January 31, 1996.  It's well over 3 years since you started hosting
Gambia-L, and we have found your service very helpful, and courteous.  I am
sure many around the world who have subscribed to Gambia-L at one time or the
other will agree that you have contributed in no small way to helping The
Gambia, Gambians, and their well-wishers benefit from the wonders of the
Internet.

May I also mention that we feel especially grateful to Mr. Anthony Loum, a
Gambian employee of your University who sponsored your hosting of our mailing
list.  Mr. Loum has been patient under very trying circumstances, and
understanding when lesser men would have succumbed to anger, or lack of
foresight.  I think I echo the sentiment of a lot of subscribers to Gambia-L
when I say that we will be eternally grateful to him for many a times putting
The Gambia's interest before his own.

On that note, I wish to, again, express my sincere thanks to you for all you've
done for us, and I wish you all the best in your endeavors.

Sincerely,

Katim S. Touray, Ph.D.
Madison, WI, USA