GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jungle Sunrise <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 08:15:27 -0400
However much I do not share their political belief, the current exchange of
words between those who support Lamin waa Juwara and those who support
Ousainou Darboe is really unhealthy. The tone and language is definitely
they defending their respective possitions is very unbecoming of political
stalwarts of their calibre. It is becoming increasingly difficult to
understand wose possition to support.

You have Waa Juwara accusing Darboe of lying to the people, being
unaccountable, a tax evader, incompetent, untransparent and what not. On
ther other hand, Darboe's supporters are calling for his expulsion from the
party and accusing him of being power hungry, confrontational, a drunk,
indesciplined, lack of respect, self-imposing etc, etc.

In my honest opinion, though I do not support the UDP and is very unlikely
that I ever will, I sincerely hope that common sense should prevail. Waa
ought to leave the party or try to address his concerns within the party.
Some of what is going on is bordering on pettiness. Both The Point and
Observer newspapers are carrying some very damning indictments of each of
these leaders and it seems that the war of words is becoming stronger by
the day.

Have a good day, Gassa.

--
There is a time in the life of every problem when it is big enough to see,
yet small enough to solve (Mike Leavitt)