GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 15:50:48 EDT
Hamjatta & Prince,
Guys,  am begging you to ignore this ignoramus. There is a lot to rip from
this man's posting (even though he took Colly's advise and had it
proof-read). To illustrate that it was not his writing, just look at his
subsequent piece. The incoherent mumbo jumbo is glaring therein. Start with
his heading. Look up the dictionary meaning of 'snob' and contrast it with
'snub'. The former means 'one who despises one's inferiors and whose
condescension arises from social or intellectual pretension'.  See the
irony? By the way, this is a noun. The latter word ('snub') is what I think
he wanted to use. It means 'to ignore'. This man did not address one single
substantive point raised by Colly and many more in this forum. When he knew
he could not measure up in military parlance, he shifted to this
poetry/writing garbage. We have people here who are far more educated than
he is; people who are extremely successful in their respective fields;
people who do not have to kiss up to anybody in order to be paid a meager
government salary that cannot even pay their utility bills. I would respect
this man or any other person who comes here and talk about their fields the
way Colly talks about his. As usual, he missed Colly's point again. He did
not address the issue of General Seck. God knows what he was trying to say
about that French man. He spent most of the time talking about Colly's
criticism of his writing; when Colly already told him that that was not the
crux of his (Colly's) posting. Guys, please, please, please, let's just
engage this man when he comes up with facts.
KB