GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 May 2008 23:48:09 +0000
Omar, thanks for informing us of the rest of NDAM's position regarding Uwaa's relationship with Yaya.  In respect for the rest of NDAM's request for more clarification, I'll give that to you.  However, I am tired of Uwaa making public statements and when the heat is on he runs us through semantics that a reasonable person cannot defend.  I was one of those that defended him when he was accused that he was campaigning for an APRC candidate during the parliamentary elections.  Even though he denied it but the evidence was overwhelming that he indeed was playing an under hand, and he went further to introduce his statement about none should call Yaya a dictator; You cannot fight against development; and an attempt to sucker the rest of the opposition into a brawl about how Yaya is doing good for the country.  I'm sure even the insiders such as yourself were worried with his statements, especially coming from someone that has been abused both physically and mentally by the same person he his seen to be slipping a left hand that has now seemingly switched into an embrase.  Bambalaye said if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, any reasonable person will but conclude it's a duck.  I am glad you came out to show that the rest of NDAM is still alive for even when Uwaa had that market brawl with the Youth Wing of NDAM, we heard from none but the volleys and counter volleys of Uwaa and Pa Manneh.  I had for a moment thought the rest of your comrades gave up for Uwaa was all over the place making all kinds of statements while the rest of NDAM was quiet.  I'm sure you all read the same some of us read.  Which led us to ask the begging question, is NDAM ran by Uwaa and Uwaa alone?  I know Femi and Henry added to my knowledge base that Uwaa is a Gambian and so can support whom ever he wishes.  If that is the case, why hide?  All the papers cannot be wrong about Uwaa since 2006.  If Uwaa is seen remotely supporting Yaya, something is very wrong with that picture in the face of what Yaya did to Uwaa and tens of Gambians, the state executed mursers, illegal detentions, tortures, and many other abuses that Yaya heaps on Gambians.  Uwaa is in essence agreeing that every stroke Yaya gave him was justified.  That all the illegal detensions Yaya abused him with were well deserved.  If he agrees with all that, then I feel for the rest of Gambia.  For tomorrow if you Omar Joof are maimed or murdered by the state, you can damn sure Uwaa would look the other way or excuse it some how.  Uwaa made it his business to seek our mandate, he will hear some of us loud and clear what we think of his association with the person that contributed the most to the degradation of Gambians and their aspirations, and that person is none other than Yaya.  We gave Uwaa the benefit of doubt for too long, now he either "braid us, or take the darn braids off".

I look forward to hearing from the rest of NDAM, but in the mean time, if a third party quotes Uwaa at a rally or over the air ways, that evidence is as good as gold.  This is not a case of a private interview where it's one against one.  What is the likehood that Uwaa would hold a mike to announce in front of hundreds and it becomes a case of fabrication.  May be you can help me with this question.  When Uwaa was supporting the APRC candidate during the Parliamentary elections, did he consult the rest of NDAM?  NADD?  Whom ever?  I'm sure knowing the folks in the leadership of NDAM, they would not have advised or went along with that.  However, since Uwaa is Uwaa, I can see him to do what ever is expedient for him.  He can do that with his household, but he would be committing political suiside if he wants to exercise that on the rest of Gambians that are struggling for change.  This is not just for Uwaa, but any that wishes to be supported as an opposition leader.

Chi Jaama

Joe > Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 17:26:56 +0000> From: [log in to unmask]> Subject: FW: Waa Juwara: Still with The Opposition!> To: [log in to unmask]> > From: [log in to unmask]: [log in to unmask]: Waa Juwara: Still with The Opposition!Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 17:21:39 +0000> > > Compatriots and friends of The Gambia.On behalf of The External Wing of The National Democratic Action Movement (NDAM), I suggest that we all treat with cautionallegations in some sections of The Gambian media that our movement's Secretary General Lamin Waa Juwara has assumed membership of the ruling APRC. As far as we know, Mr Juwara has not resigned from his position at the helm of affairs in NDAM. Furthermore, the discussions we have concluded with him do not in anyway corroborate the contents of recent media reports on him. In fact this morning, Waa reaffirmed his membership of the opposition to our representative and his narrative of what took place in Niamina, and what he said at the event in question, is substantantively different from what is being reflected in some media reports. Based on what we are able to get from our representative who spoke with him this morning, we expect Waa to take legal action against the relevant media houses unless they retract their stories.Meanwhile, The External Wing of NDAM is at work trying to come out with a paper on issues such as Lamin Waa Juwara's involvements at The Brikama Area Council since last year. In conclusion, we wish to assure everyone that we are very much part of The Gambian opposition, and that we are determined to remain so until the ruling APRC is constitutionally removed from power.THE STRUGGLE CONTINUES!!!!!Omar Joof,Assistant info.sec./External Wingof NDAM. > > > _________________________________________________________________> Find hidden words, unscramble celebrity names, or try the ultimate crossword puzzle with Live Search Games. Play now!> http://g.msn.ca/ca55/212> $B!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"(B> To unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web interface> at: http://listserv.icors.org/archives/gambia-l.html> > To Search in the Gambia-L archives, go to: http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?S1=gambia-l> To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail to:> [log in to unmask]> $B!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"!"(B>