GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Mr. O. B. Silla" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 19:22:06 EST
Gambia-Lers,

Therefore, Ebrima Ceesay (Coach) could not have been more right to say/throw
the challenge that as a result of the numerous failures and distortions of
historical and other facts by our pseudo-intellectuals; that it is time we
scrutinize their (the dishonest ones) inclined rational or creative thoughts
on their topics of discussion.

For we have seen and read so many of these insidious articles/docmentaries of
late and one of those that sprung up to my mind immediately is the article on
the Late Julius Kambarage Nyerere by Professors Ayitteh and Ludovich.  This
writers painted a grim and gloomy  picture of the achievements of both Dr.
Kwame Nkrumah and Mwalimu Nyerere while deliberately negating or discounting
any contributions they have made towards the advancement of the peoples of
their countries in particular and African/World in general in various spheres
of life.  Conversely, reading between the lines in "Foroyaa's" postings
countering Prof. Ayiteh and Ludovich's, one deciphers/decodes the deceptive
nature of the pseudo-intellectual.  It is not surprising therefore, that we
the young ones always ask the 64,000 dollar mind-boggling question:  Why is
Africa the way it is despite, all the "nominal" intellectuals we have both
within and outside the continent?

Can anyone help me answer this question including those elite groups
themselves?

Lord help Africa.

OB.