GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebrima Ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 09:31:48 GMT
Gambia-L:

The e-mail below, as usual, came from one of my sources in the heart of the
Gambian government.

Ebrima Ceesay

Ebrima,

A while back, when the claim was made that Gambia-L was having a positive
impact in the people's struggle against the evil regime in The Gambia, there
were a few skeptics on the L and even here on the ground. But I can tell you
that that is no longer the case; not in the Gambia anyway. I have been able
to gauge sentiments on the ground and I can report to you that the pressure
that the List is asserting is being felt all the way to the bunkers of the
devil/butcher in Kanilai and Dobong. We in the Gambia, are really proud of
you people on the L, and I believe it is appropriate to say a BIG THANK YOU
to all the members of the List, especially after having received positive
feed-backs from all the Gambians I talked to, about your collective good
work. Ebrima, these days, Gambia-L has now become part and parcel of our
daily lives. You go to the offices, and the first thing people do, including
the Kanilai butcher himself, is to read Gambia-L mails. You go to the Cyber
Cafes and you find people logging in to read the e-mails from Gambia-L. And,
of course, the Gambia-L postings are also being photocopied and distributed
around the country. In fact, tell KB and Ebou Colley that we are reading
them fine. So, Ebrima and others, please do not let any one distract you
from the common goal that binds us together as Gambians who cherish freedom.
Occasionally, a detractor or two will attempt to entice you with frivolous
issues in an attempt to distract you, but being the smart guys that many of
you are, you always succeed in re-focussing your efforts on the main issue
and that is to get Yahya Jammeh and his cohorts out of power. PLEASE
CONTINUE THE STRUGGLE. Finally, I would once again like to express, on
behalf of the majority Gambians, our sincere thanks to you all for your
determined and collective efforts in regaining our freedom and to start
rebuilding a battered country economically, socially and culturally. Thanks
to Yahya Jammeh. One cannot start naming names without leaving out those who
have been less "visible" and vocal than others. Here on the ground, we see
the List as one entity. So, please, we Gambians on the ground, say A BIG
THANK YOU.