GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 11:48:03 +0100
-------
"Ugandans are about to witness the biggest political fraud ever visited on our country and it is up to right thinking citizens to do their utmost, with the limited legal and political space to resist those who would subvert our Constitution to their whims and selfish ambitions.  We are lucky to have on our side a Constitution that will enable us to make our arguments and take a legitimate stand before the highest courts of the land and before the people of Uganda.  It is not surprising that the country is being bamboozled into an expensive and wasteful referendum by the President"