GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2007 19:09:34 EST

There you go again as Reagan is wont to quip. How come you can't just say
hello to me without messing with me. I am not terribly pleased with you.

You do have a point about recycling Gambia's human resources. I was just
thinking about that. It is an angle I have not spent time on. The idea behind
recycling is to reuse a scarce and sometimes ill-considered implement. The
implement Mbowe, is not scarce in Gambia but could have been an ill-considred
creation. Sorry God. The question is; how much value can Yahya or Gambia obtain
from such re-use? If I were Yahya, I wouldn't touch Mbowe again with a  10ft.
pole. Mbowen clinic probably could make better use of the chronic  evacuator.
Sorry for messin up your dinner again Ma Ginny. Its all Laye's  fault.

I do stand to lose a mediator within Yahya's inner circle. I must
reconnoitre and develop other mediator. Mbarangbiringbiring where's Maffeh? I do  have
more regard for Maffeh than Mbowe for I believe Maffeh's heart to be in the
right place. Besides bragging about a Jaguar from the unanted Istates, Maffeh
couldn't hurt a fly. He just fancies life and you can't fault a man for
desiring  comfort. Or may be Scattered Jane? What are these people doing? Kumpo beng
faala. (Ginny I am wondering here if they are in the traveling circus: Mr.
Mambo, so don't ask me for a friggin translation). And don't tell me you don't
know these cats.

"Haruna, where were you when we  discussed the good docs cv?" Laye.

See what I mean? Kukeh got me  gagged.

"Men I thought you're on top of  things." Laye.

I thought I was on top of things  too. Yahya just has a way of blindsiding
me. However, I did not really attach  much value to the doctor with
uncorroborated cv.

"Oh, I know now; your letters to  chief witch doctor is taking up so much of
your time." Laye.

Nice try. I want to actually  convince you that Yahya is not a witch doctor.
I think he is an honourable  alchemist whose innovation is stifled by the real
witch doctors. I am pleased to  report that he has jettisoned one of them. 3
to go. I think Yahya has done  himself a lot of good by relieving himslef of
the burden of useless hangers on.  I would like him to vet his future
appointees more carefully though. If he has  to look south for candidates, more power
to him.

"You need to share his replies here  on Ellen. You know we always yearn to
hear from your pen-pal."  Laye.

You know that will be most welcome.  I imagine I need to communicate in a
manner expectant of reply. I kinda will be  glad if Yahya were to consider
speaking to us here on Ellen. You must promise  you will keep it civil though. Until
then, I will be glad if he only acts on the  advice I share if he never
speaks to me. But I think he really wants to speak  WITH us but for the ire of
disrespect. If you send here your explicit promise  for restraint, I can probably
arrange for my Yahya to commune with us. What do  you think? I'm scared of
bean-counters myself. Not to speak of Old Brutus. It is  however not beyond our
persuasive prowess though Laye. I think we should try at  least. You never
know. The stars could just allign in  consideration.

Haroun Masoud. MQDT. Darbo. AL  Mu'Umin.

In a message dated 11/12/2007 9:55:49 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,  bamb