GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Asbjørn Nordam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Aug 2003 09:37:19 +0200
Mr. Ebou Jallow,
please for my information, what is it again that Jammeh want the opposition
to reconcile. I can not remember. Is it a specific act, is it something in
general? I remember that he after the re- election  "asked for" the
political debate to be finished for now. I thought he meant until next
election and maid a comment on this list, that politics should not only be
around election, but mostly all year round. Is it that speech you refer to,
when you talk about the invitation for reconciliation?
You are right that inflammatory rhetoric is regressive, and all people, not
only in The Gambia or in politics should learn from that.
Asbjørn Nordam