GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 09:03:34 EDT
Dampha,

You need to quit this campaign to vindicate the PPP regime, and no, my saying
so is not synonimous with endorsing or lending credence to the dictatorial
regime we currently have as some have said. That is a weapon unthinking
people use to disarm and shut people up because they are either not able to
decipher the truth among all the  distractions, or the truth is simply
something they would rather not deal with, so they think personal attacks
will do the job.

True to form, you have rambled on again, always interjecting your
protestations about any accusations against the PPP. I think you actually
believe that your tirades will make all allegations against the PPP
government just simply dissappear.

Regarding the alliance, no, not every possibility was exhausted because I
still say that if the intentions to include everyone was genuine, and there
was no scramble to use the occasion as a means to other ends,they would have
pursued the effort to engage everyone rather than use the stumbling blocks as
excuses and jump the gun, and no amount of endless rambling will change that
fact.

The situation is critical, and there was a failure to exhaust all avenues to
come up with the most effective weapon against this regime. Personal and
special interest got in the way.

I am sure you read what Dibba said that UDP was already distributing kola
nuts and announcing that Darboe had beeen chosen the leader of the opposition
even before the meeting. Why are there no digression on this ?
Also for your information, I was told by someone who I consider a member of
the UDP that there was infact so-called balloons floated to people with
similar objectives before this first meeting, and that this did not include
PDOIS because they percieved that they would not be responsive to it. You
draw your own conclusions about all of that, and I hope it is an intelligent
one not swayed by bias.Was this voalition something that could be forged in
one meeting?

Dampha, Yaya Jammeh lifted decree 89 as a political strategy because he knew
that the PPP was dying to come back into the limelight, and it worked like a
charm. He knew they would head for whatever avenue they could use to jump
back into the political spectrum and that avenue was the UDP who for all
intents and purposes looks like a willing participant.

I will refrain from saying more simply because I still have hope that common
sense and higher ideals will carry the day for the sake of our country and
it's people, although it will take a lack of selfishness that I have not seen
displayed by all the players here. Our future as a poeple who  can determine
their desiny is what is at stake, and it is up to those sons and daughters of
our nation who have it's true interest at heart to focus on the things that
are more important, and at this time, those things are not strategysing to
steal the limelight, or to revive a legacy of corruption and special
interest. It entails simply doing the right thing without any excuses.

Jabou Joh

In a message dated 8/28/2001 10:18:12 AM Central Daylight Time,