GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mr Makaveli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 05:03:29 -0500
Bro Ous and Manneh,
 I'm sorry guys but I disagree with both of you that Jammeh is going to win
the elections. That thought itself is suicidal. I'm not a politician nor
do I claim to be Michel de Nostredame, but my hunch is spot on: Yahya will
lose simply because the opposition will unite and kick some butt, KAPUT.
Never mind all the brouhaha about PDOIS and Dibba. They're simly warming
up with good old 'politricks'. Over here they call it Bull$#!tting, but I
say to them: all that crap about enlightening the people, well I hope they
darn make sure they make an enlightened decision. This is not the time to
play hardball. We are talking about peoples' lives here at stake. There is
no better time to prove their call for putting the peolpe's interest first.
The option is very CLEAR no matter how one slices it. For that reason, I
say these guys WILL unite and forge an amicable compromise, for all and
sundry. Just look at the alternatives. Sometime you thank God Almighty when
the choice is so CLEAR. Any opposition leader who does not  go with this
CLEAR option shall go down in gambian history as, part and parcel,
miscreants abetting the perilous and hell-bent APRC with their mission to
continue to (torture, murder, ... don't have room to list them all). So,
what choice is PDOIS and Dibba left with? Can they win on their own and
risk it all? Only shortsighted mental midgets like the APRC propagandist
would think otherwise. I say wishful thinking to them, for in the final
analysis, PDOIS and Dibba will come out of their post-election slump and
smell the coffee. Together, Jammeh will go down hard. Anything short of a
coalition is wishful thinking and a death warrant for the gambian people.
How about some little optimism, ladies and gents? May Allah help us all.

                                              Mr Makaveli

Gambians Online " Designed With The Gambian People In Mind"
               http://www.gambiansonline.com