GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jungle Sunrise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 10:04:05 +0000
It is very strange that most folks see an opposition alliance only in terms
of UDP, PPP and NCP. The PDOIS and NRP does not seem to figure in the
equations that I have so far seen since the announcement of the MERGER of
the UDP and PPP. What most folks don't realise is that PDOIS has made
significant gains during the past two to three years. It seems to me that
only PDOIS is sincere in its utterances of wanting meaningful change. The
rest (NRP and NCP excluded for lack of evidence) are only united by their
wish to see the back of Yahya. This will however be possible only if the
APRC does something really stupid. From the way things are going however,
there is very little chance of that happening. The APRC's has a strong and
appealing record and their campaign is based on that record and not
personalities as seems to be the case withe so-called big opposition
parties. For anyone to ignore this, will be doing so at his/her own peril.
The debacle that is characteristic of the opposition now has been glaring
for sometime now and yet fanatics of the opposition don't want to admit. THE
FIRST REPUBLIC IS DEAD, LONG LIVE THE SECOND!!!

Have a good day, Gassa.