GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 15:33:30 -0400
Reading Yaya’s declaration of assets for the consumption of the IEC and the
Gambian people in the coming elections is just hilarious. I do NOT know who
the moron thinks he is kidding. In seven short years Yaya has morphed from a
lowly lieutenant without a ‘Post Office’ savings book to the ‘richest man in
the country’. His words, NOT mine. He boasts that ‘his heirs will NEVER be
poor again’. Now the IEC and the Gambian people asks him to show us why his
thinks his folks will NEVER be poor again and this is what we got:

Farms:
One farm at Dobong village Foni Kansala District Western Division
One bird sanctuary (not yet developed) at Santangba village Foni Kansala
District.
200 heads of cattle (Sheep) - 55 (Goats) - 75 (Horses) - 9 (Camels) - 9
Donkeys - 4 Ostriches – 9
Vegetable garden for women
A rice field
A cornfield
Fruit trees and a game reserve
Vehicles:
(4) personal vehicles (1) Mini truck (1) Pajero (1) 4x4 Mercedes Station
Wagon (1) 4x4 Jeep

This is what Yaya means by being the ‘richest Gambian whose off-springs will
NEVER be poor again’. This is the types of silly gimmicks the moron parades
in front of Gambians and tell them that even if he steals their money, it is
OK since he is spending it in the country having zoos and rice farms for
women. As we can see, the List does NOT include Yaya’s plane (because
apparently it is registered in the names of people like Amadou Samba, Tarik
Musa and Baabaa Jobe). The List does NOT talk about Yaya’s villas in
Kanilai. The List does NOT talk about a lot of things, especially the
millions of dollars in those Swiss and Offshore bank accounts. According to
this List, Amadou Samba, Tarik Musa, Baabaa Jobe, Yankuba Touray and Famara
Jatta are all richer than Yaya.

But even this ‘modest’ list shows us how corrupt Yaya is. I hope the people
at Income Tax that were assessing Darboe also ensure that Yaya is paying tax
on the income he is generating being a farmer and a zoo keeper. Clearly, if
Yaya was to appear before an Asset Evaluation Commission, he will have a lot
of explaining to do. He and his cohorts better be ready for imaginative
explanations, like ‘Allah’s Bank’. Running to Mauritania unannounced to go
and silence his ex-wife will NOT cut it. Yaya’s corruption is so glaring
that the next government will NOT need his family members to rat on him.

It is a well-known fact that Yaya gets a huge cut in all big contracts that
are sealed in the country regarding ‘development’ projects. As we move to
Election Day and details become clearer, we will show how Yaya used
unscrupulous businessmen in the country to enrich himself beyond anything we
can imagine. His is rich all right, but unfortunately his family will NOT
enjoy the money following his demise. All his ill-gotten gains will be
seized from him and given back to the Gambian people where it belongs.
KB