GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Malanding Jaiteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2007 12:00:27 -0500
Courtesy of the Point Newspaper.

Is this the case of 'a few good men"?  It is encouraging sign that we
still have a few good and descent human beings in our poor little
Gambia. May they continue to have the strength to 'handle the truth'.

Malanding Jaiteh

Saihou Ceesay Resigns as NAS Director
Alieu Jammeh Takes Over
Thursday 22nd February 2007

By Pa Modou Faal & Bakary Samateh

Information reaching The Point has it that Mr. Saihou Ceesay, the
Director of National Aids Secretariat (NAS), has resigned from his post.

According to reliable sources, Mr Alieu Jammeh, Manager of the National
Aids Control Programme of the Department of State for Health and Social
Welfare, was subsequently appointed as a replacement.

Our sources also revealed that the transfer of NAS as a sector under the
Department of State for Health (DoSH), is part of the re-structuring of
both NAS and the National Aids Council.

It could be recalled that the National Aids Secretariat was under the
Office of the President before this development.

In a related development, it has also been confirmed that Aisha Baldeh,
the Global Fund Administrator at the National Aids Secretariat, also
resigned from her post.

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい