GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bamba Laye Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jun 2000 10:07:28 -0700
Beran,

I observed the same!

Section 3 states:

"3. (1) The Commission shall -
"(a) make a fully and impartial investigation into the causes of the
BREAKDOWN OF PUBLIC ORDER (my emphasis)on 10th and 11th April 2000;
and....."

I found it though to relate the above to the unexplained massacre of
innocent lives. This serves to buttress the notion that the APRC government
is more concerned with the material loss. A notion insinuated by the
pronouncements of top level government officials, immediately after the
massacre, on national radio and news papers back home. Are they
investigating "the breakdown of public order" AFTER the loss of life or
BEFORE the loss of life? I don't get it!

Like yourself, I think I'm missing something here.

Abdoulie A. Jallow
Send money to anyone,via e-mail. Free & secure.
https://secure.paypal.com/refer/pal=ajallow%40usd.edu