GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ndembos Janteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 18:48:02 GMT
>From: EBRIMA(BARAHAM)JATTA, KEBBA(JANKO)AND BAKARY (DEMBO) SINGHATEH

>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: CONDOLENCE THE BEREAVED FAMILIES
>Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 10:19:51 PDT
>
>Gambia L,
>OUR heart fell condolences to all the families of the victims of the  on
>going students uprising in the gambia. Gambians all over the world share
>the conviction that is a treble tragedy to befall our country at a when
>political tolerance is ats lowest webb.
This is a clear indication what Jammeh and his butchers are capable of
doing, They have done it several times with their own ranks, but this is in
no means the same. How can we trust the gambia national army and all the
security forces with our lives when they can brutally suppressed a peaceful
demonstration by students who are the future of our nation.
The people responsible for this atrocity should be brought to justice as
soon as possible.We demand an independent public enquiry to investigate into
the circumstances surrounding this tragedy.
Our hearts and soul are with them. May Allah rest their souls in perfect
peace