GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 03:36:18 -0400
The Editors and Staff:

One year on from the inception of the Independent Newspaper, you have indeed shown that with determination and critical self-examination one could achieve success irrespective of the rugged roads one has to ply.  In short, the sky is the limit in improvement.

Although, we on The Gambia-L only read snippets of your news items probably due to material/logistic constrains, it must however be said that there is both objectivity and balance in your reporting of events from both sides of the fence.  Of course, with few lapses/inaccuracies here and there, generally, the role of the paper augurs well with our collective yearning for the free dissemination of vital information and news to every nook and cranny of our society.  In my view, a special mention in this regard should be made of your excellent column entitled "The Independent view".

What more can we say as a budding democracy but bravo and best of luck to The Independent Editors and Staff.  Keep up the good work and always remember:  No justice, no peace as Dr. Saine would sign off his stories/commentaries.

So long and greetings from Cincinnati, Ohio, USA.

OB Silla.