GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebrima Ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 12:04:21 GMT
Gambia-L:

The e-mail, as usual, came from a source in the heart of the Government.

Saul Khan: Fatou Jaw spoke of your invaluable assistance/encouragement to
her online. So thanks for being a good brother to her.

Ebrima Ceesay

Ebrima,

For those of us here on the ground, we are convinced that Jammeh's mental
and physical condition have even deteriorated much further over the last
several months - after the slaughtering by his security thugs of the
innocent students on 10/11 April. And talking about his speech, it was
slurred and incomprehensible. Anyway, be informed that in addition to
Moroccans and Guinea-Bissau bodyguards, Jammeh has now hired an Italian
Mafioso who once operated a Restaurant in Kotu, to work with his SECURITY
FORCES in Kanilai. This Italian is now trying to get him additional private
Italians commandoes so as to enhance and consolidate his security at
Kanilai. Ebrima, Jammeh is now afraid of everybody, including his own
shadow. This Italian man, Ebrima, is known to be part of the Italian Mafia
who used his restaurant as a front to "clean"/launder dirty money. But the
quickest way to lead Jammeh to his grave, is to engage the Italian Mafioso.
Perhaps, that is the best thing to happen to those of us who want to see the
back of Jammeh.  They, the Mafia, will finish him. Anyway, during the 22
July celebrations, Jammeh promised the youth to electrify The Gambia. He
said and I quote "if by next year, I do not electrify 75% of the Gambia,
there will be no celebration of July 22nd." He will not last that long,
anyway. He has returned to his bunker in Kanilai/Dobong leaving the rest to
Isatou Njie-Saidy as we predicted. The inauguration of the 20 school buses
will be done by the Vice President as was the New Court House Building.
Jammeh's problems is dragging him and the country down the tube. He needs
help and he needs it fast.