GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ceesay Fatou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 16:37:14 GMT
For those of you who claimed to be bored,and even partial(if not
whole)blaming Hamjatt and Saul for challenging Halifa sallah`s political
stand,can´t you see that it is Halifa who is dwelling?It is your right to
express your opinions about your boredom but please don´t blame Saul and
Hamjatt.
However,I believe that this debate is very interesting and it should
continue if the players so wish eventhough I do not subscribes to foul
language.In my opinion,Saul and Hamjatt (as Gambians)have  legitimate right
to challenge Halifa Sallah´s political stand,behavior and conducts since he
Halifa is seeking a political office.One cannot underrate that Halifa have
been asking Gambians for the past 10 -15 goodyears to be their
representative and he have been claiming that he is a "politician of
different" like Yahya Jammeh claimed to be a "soldier of different" in
1994.If Halifa is elected to the parliament,he will be there to try to
influence or pass laws which will affect all of us as Gambians including
Saul and Hamjatt,and therefore Saul and Hamjatt like any of us have a right
to question his stands.One should not forget that it is Halifa who is the
politician not Hamjatt and Saul,and it is Halifa who have to answer to the
questions which are in the minds of many Gambians.It is Halifa who should
explain to the Gambians his role in the three face of the Gambia-Jawara
era,transitional period include the constitution and the death of Koro
Ceesay,and Jammeh civilian era.
Halif should be humble enough to explain himself if he have nothing to
hide.There is no need of arrogance and bad mouthing,and the days are gone
when Halifa can be outburst of putting his critics feet and heads in their
mouths and sand respectively.Now is not the time of Suweabou Conateh and our
big brothers that Halifa was bullying intellectually, and please Halifa
respect your salve by respecting others.Halifa Sallah,it quiet ok if you
want to believe that you can build a castle in the air but you will be
mistaking if you think that you can silence all your critics.Saul and
Hamjatt are not the first to criticise your different positions in the three
face of the Gambia and certainly they will not be the last.
"Putting feet in the mouth.Head in the sand.Tasted every thing except
death.Come down to what I conceive to be their level of intervention.I know
that it should be my role to inspire other Gambians to be at their best and
not to play the role of an intellectual demi-god".These are some of the
empty phrases and rhetoric Halifa uses against his critics,and is it
necessary to be so arrogant or pompous? How can Halifa put some body´s foot
in that somebody´s mouth because that somebody criticise or disagree with
him,ridiculous-isn't?"Come down to what I conceive to be their level of
intervention".What level Halifa?Is it not mere arrogance or is it Halifa´s
imagination of an intellectual superiority, or is it not playing
intellectual demi-god?"Tasted every thing except death".What have Halifa
tasted....suffering?Yes,after been exposed from clandestine writing to the
formation and sustaining of a political party,but I cannot stop wondering
how Halifa will categorise people like Francis Small,Kelutan Camara,Dixion
Colly,Ba Tarawalle,Dumo Saho,Kebuteh (traditional musician),Waa
Juwara,Single Nyass etc, most of whom were either jailed,sentenced or
physical tortured.Is it not ridiculous to think that Halifa have tasted
every thing except death when a man like Single Nyass is probable paralysing
because of torture.What about Kebuteh ,is he not in his grave because of
torture?What about the poor Gambian masses most of who have been subjected
to all type of suffering including hunger?No body have force Halifa to go in
politic,it is his own choose but unlike the poor Gambian masses ,they are
forced into all those hardship so if Halifa tasted every thing except
death,what about them (masses)?Halifa wake ups and chew the
colanut!Halifa,your political role during the transition is
questionable.What made you the only politician of the first republic to be
unstopped during the transitional period is very questionable.Your stand or
explanation on the death of Koro Ceesay is questionable.Your support of 1996
constitution is questionable.Your forceful criticism of the the Jawara
regime and your lenient criticism of Jammeh´s created many doubts. Or is it
a silent agreement of "scratch my back and I will scratch  yours. Halif,are
you adamantly and forthrightly criticising Jammeh´government for the corrupt
and inefficient handling of the trade season consequence of which is a
untold catastrophe for the Gambian farming community?
?The "dust" will not be settle as long as your points are not convincing and
I believe that there is lot more explanation you need to prove that there is
no double standard."I have been offered ministerial post twice but I reject
it",said Mr Halifa Sallah.May I ask,are you the only Gambian offered and
decline?Why were you offered twice in the first place?Only very very naive
politician will take a minister post in a military government, and it will
be a double naivety to even think of it after the election until if ones
party is in coalition with Jammeh ´s party.There is no doubt that Halifa´s
decision to decline was a wise decision but that doesn't´t necessary mean
that Halifa was/is in hostility with Jammeh´s military and civilian
government nor does it means that there can be no marriage of convenience.
To Saul and Hamjatt,it is your right to challenge and question Halifa and
any Gambian politician as that matter ,and don´t mind the few individuals
who are trying hard to discourage you.Your challenges to Halifa cannot in
any way be a de-service to the Gambia but contrarily it might be a great
service to the Gambia and her suffering people.However I beg you to refrain
your selves from using foul language.To Halifa,Hamjatt do not need to have
"ngemba" for you since he is not yet a politician of you kind but certainly
you have lot of wrestler awaiting for you and the time.Omar Jallow (known as
OJ) who is presumably dead political, is resurfacing with determination to
prove to the people that he  OJ  is still the"phodey Dusuba" of Serekunda
only if his political ban is lifted and I hope that is not scaring
you.Probable you Halifa will help him so that his ban can be lift and that
will be certainly a sign of strength eventhough that might make you to miss
a sit in the parliament again....but who care since to be an MP is not
Halifa´s main or most principal concern or priority--isn't´t?
      Greeting s
       FC
*Phodey Dusuba was a Guinean / Senegalese gigantic wrestler