GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Amadu Kabir Njie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Sep 2001 00:24:51 +0200
I just wonder where our

"..GAMBIAN HONOURABLE ATTORNEY GENERAL
AND SECRETARY OF STATE FOR JUSTICE,
HONOURABLE JOSEPH HENRY JOOF.." got this:

> Black people and Africans have suffered greatly down the centuries from racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related intolerance from Whites, Arabs, Indians, Latin Americans, to mention a few. Even before the advent of the slave trade which lasted for over four or five centuries and is more practiced in more discrete forms today, black people were looked down upon by people of other colours, maltreated, abused, insulted, belittled and subjected to heinous crimes and offences in all spheres of life.

It is my opinion that racism came into existence with the advent of the Arab invasions and the enslavement of Africans. Dr. Cheikh Anat Diop has convincingly argued with much relevant historical and social evidence that Africans are the originator of Civiliasation as we know it today [Egypt].

Before the Arab invasions and the subsequent Trans-Atlantic slave trade, colour was not a determining factor in slavery. Both blacks and whites, in fact more whites, could be found in bondage, especially in and around the Middle East. Or does Mr. Joof know something that I don't? Can we get some help here please!

Regards,

Kabir.