GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Essau Gambia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2007 08:06:37 -0400
 The Imam of Kanifing Estate mosque, Baba Leigh, could not hide his
unhappiness for what he saw as an undue prominence given to the State House
mosque at the expense of other mosques in the country. Imam Leigh is
apparently displeased with the Gambia Radio and Television Services, GRTS,
for focussing their cameras and microphones on State House
mosque when other mosques are not given some consideration.

To the Kanifing Estate imam, other mosques in The Gambia can also contribute
in the eradication of many societal ills if they are given the opportunity
to do so.For him, GRTS could help the imams in their awareness creation by
giving them the prominence that they give to State House mosque.

According to him, the country is replete with many ills that need to be
tackled head-on and that this could not be done by the imams if they are not
given the opportunity." I believe we can do a lot in improving our society.
But it's interesting to note that an undue consideration is given to the
State House mosque," Imam Leigh told a conference.

In another development, reports are reaching this paper that the people that
GRTS selected to attend and cover the World U-20 Youth Football
Championship, were all denied visa by the Canadian embassy in Dakar. The
same reports indicated that State House has decided to take some passports
of people that it intends to send to Canada to Ghana instead of Dakar for
reasons best known to No. 1 Marina Parade.
Posted on Monday, June 25, 2007 (Archive on Sunday, July 15, 2007)
Posted by PNMBAI  Contributed by PNMBAI
Return <http://www.freedomnewspaper.com/Homepage/tabid/36/Default.aspx>

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい