GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Omar Drammeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 12:01:46 +0100
Ebou Jallow,

You are not doing Gambians any favours clinging  on to millions of dollars, and telling us that you`ll return them when you die. Who knows when that is gonna be? Well if you should hit the nienties we sure will amass a huge interest because we are talking about a "very handsome" amount here. Sorry we dont want to wait that long.

There is no way you can exonerate yourself and blame the government. You`re not alleviating the suffering of your own people. If you should surrender this amount maybe Dr jallow`s patients at the Serrekunda clinic could be saved, or the government could upgrade the labs at the various high schools, or sponsor school kids who are at the verge of dropping out, or buy new sporting gear for the Scorpions and give them more incentives, or renovate the psychiatric hospital at Campama Estate, or launch a welfare programme to rehabilitate our sisters in prostitution, or the brothers addicted to hard drugs, the talibes(almoodies) and beggars at every street corner, or start a campaign against the abuse of our women etc, etc.

Just think about this Ebou. You can go round and boast about being the only Gambian to surrender millions to the national coffers willingly. Atleast you deserve credit for the decency in amitting that the money is not yours. I`m sure we`ll remember you for that.

Regards,
Omar.