GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 21:09:22 EST
In a message dated 1/18/00 8:00:40 PM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Dear Ms.Vaillant,

 I did a back-of-the-envelop arithmetic on the Economist Intelligence Unit's
 offer of GBP 160 per quarter for a stringer,resident in The Gambia, with
 all the responsibilities listed in your posting; notably the provision of
 the annual budget, government programme of reforms and the Central Bank
 Report; not to mention manuscript(s) with independent views on current
 developments in The Gambia and I concluded that the EIU is a prime
 candidate for "The Sweat Shop Award" of the Month.  EIU is still in the
 running for the Award for the Month of January ONLY because my arithmetic
 is exclusive of postage.

 Folks, don't be deterred by my comments. My arithmetic could be all wrong
 for all you know.  Besides, The Economist
 /EIU are the best in the business.
 Take my word.

 Happy New Year too Ms. Vaillant and all your colleagues at the EIU.

 Sidi Sanneh >>
Sidi,

That was a good one. l also did the math, and thought surely, what they
wanted was a volunteer who they will just furnish some "kola nut money" once
in a great while. No offense meant.

Jabou Joh