GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 16:44:06 +0100
Ebou Colly,

Your observation is quite interesting. It seems like you did entertain some
humour by asserting that "some times when they want to talk about a spot in
the moon they would first take you on a ride at different spots in the
surrounding stars until you sometimes end up being totally lost in the
galaxy."

May be we are in the same boat, Ebou. We are also finding it difficult to
understand the focus of your intervention. What I can say about our letter
is that it is not addressed to the L but to the Chief Justice. We simply
posted it for general information. We hope the Chief Justice will not miss
our point.

On the other hand, you seem to indicate that you understand the point. You
went further to argue that "Given the raw unedited evidence, gathered from
the various witnesses so far, it is clear that the  APRC government is
caught butt naked in its own scheme. There is no way that the Jammeh
followers could make the excuse that the enemies of the APRC government
fabricated the incriminating facts, because it was Yaya himself who
established the commission.  Moreover, several witnesses narrated the same
atrocities committed by the security forces, especially those teachers,
students and ordinary by standers found in the middle of the butchering."

Then you went on further to assert that "Any way while Yaya thought that he
could in this case use the same ungodly tricks of creating
pseudo-commissions of inquiry that in the past nearly helped him in
destroying all the evidence in the Koro Ceesay murder case, he perhaps
failed to realized that this one was going to be the final straw. These were
children of god he had butchered; angels for that matter, whose spirits are
still lingering around waiting for final justice in their untimely deaths.
As a result, the government's lies in the wake of the witnesses' testimonies
are in every seating exposing their calculated evil actions .It has come to
a point where every thing is now clear to the Gambian public."

On the other hand, you also mentioned that "The commission of inquiry, like
the coroner's inquest is all meant to waste or buy time and nothing else."

You then catapulted to the following conclusion "The coroner's inquest and
commission of inquiry are all baloney. The Gambian people must rise while it
is still necessary and justifiable because their nation has been hijacked by
a gang of bandits and murderers, who wouldn't yield to anything other than
what they understand best, force, force and total stupidity. Let's be clear
about that."

Are you saying that the Gambian people should yield to total stupidity and
force to deal with the situation? If so, are you going to provide them with
the arms to confront people who are armed? Or are simply calling on them to
be canon fodders before those who are armed? Please be clear about what you
are proposing if you are genuinely interested in the welfare of the Gambian
people.

Greetings.

Halifa Sallah.