GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 2000 12:06:52 EDT
Katim,

I would like to assist in any way I can on this. However, I have to register
my opposition to the offer of no prosecution and a generous pension to
Jammeh. That is a proposal that I oppose vehemently since thses people have
already robbed our national coffers, and deserve no pension at all, not to
mention a generous one. This pension would not have been an issue of debate
had this administration carried out their assigned duties for the Gambian
people, but in my opinion, they have instead, robbed, pillaged and murdered,
and therefore have more or less deprived themselves of this priviledge.
Pensions are given to show appreciation for services rendered, and their is a
nightmare, not a service to be appreciated and rewarded.
Regarding granting them immunity, that would be the greatest miscarriage of
justice in our history, rivalled only by the ones being levied against our
people by this very group for which we are proposing immunity for.
If these two points can be eliminated from this proposal, then you have my
cooperation, otherwise, no thanks.This proposal should call for the
unconditional removal of Jammeh and his band of gypsies from the backs of the
Gambian people, and nothing else. That is the only fair stand we should take,
and nothing else.

Jabou Joh

In a message dated 4/22/00 1:01:42 AM Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]